Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Trying to Survive a Second Attack

Bear-attack survivor harassed by animal rights crusaders
Katie Mercer, Canwest News Service
Published: Monday, October 20, 2008

A B.C. man who clubbed a bear to death in self-defence is now defending himself from a smear campaign.

Jim West of 70 Mile House says angry animal-rights crusaders have been harassing him at home and impersonating him in e-mails to media outlets.

"I figure this is someone from PETA [People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals] because I've had some people tracking me down and giving me the gears," said Mr. West, 45.

"I really hate that. I hate confrontations of any kind. I try to be as polite as possible. I'm sorry, but it was simply a life-or-death situation," he said yesterday. Read More

Unbelievably, this man who had to fight a bear to save his life is being attacked for doing so. Apparently people think all wildlife are cute, cuddly and want to be your friend just like their dog. Nothing could be farther from the truth. Wildlife are just that, wild, and unpredictable. The right to defend yourself from a wildlife attack must never be taken away.

No comments: